If you want to keep your home secure from burglars, thieves, trespassers and other unwanted people, first you will need to make sure that you are familiar with home security basics. Of course, professional security systems, alarms, video monitoring and other devices will help, but they are useless if you do not follow the basic rules of security, the basic steps that will keep your home and your family secure.
Visibility Around Your Home
The first basic step is to make sure that when you buy your house, you can see what is going on outside of the house from windows. If you have large trees and bushes that are preventing you from seeing your yard, this may prevent you from noticing that someone is trying to break in or to vandalize your property. For example, someone may try to vandalize your car that was parked outside and you might not even notice it. That is why you need to take measures to make sure that you can see what is happening outside of your house. This means that you may need to trim some of the bushes in your yard and cut some of the tree branches. But in the end it will pay off by making your house more secure.
How Good Are Your Windows and Doors
Another step to make your house more secure is to make sure that your doors and windows are protected at all times. The doors must be made of quality materials that make them strong and hard to break. Windows should also be thick enough and professionally installed. This may be a little expensive but it is definitely worth it. Another important point is to install good locks on your doors and windows. The door locks should be professional and should provide the top protection from thieves that may try to break in by opening these locks. Window locks should also be securely attached to the window frames to keep your windows firmly closed and protected. Having shades on the first floor windows will provide additional protection from people who may try to look inside your house. You will be more protected and will have more privacy this way.
Do You Have Sensor Lights?
You should also think about installing sensor light outside of your house. First of all, this will provide more visibility outside, especially if you have trees growing in your yard. You will also be immediately alerted when someone is coming close to your house. The system will detect the outside movement and will immediately turn the lights on. In addition to the above benefits, sensor lights will distract many of the possible thieves that may try to break in your house. Many of the sensor lights are not expensive to purchase and to install. You should, however, have a professional install your sensor lights to make sure they are working properly and are detecting only the types of movements that you would like to detect.
Do You Have a Safe?
Another one of the home security basic steps is to make sure that you keep your valuables protected inside your house. If you have some items that you value a lot (money, jewelry and other expensive objects), you should make sure that they are hidden and locked when you are not using them. This is especially important when you are not at home. The safe will be the best choice but even if you don’t have one, you still should lock all of your drawers. If you can, however, afford to purchase a quality safe, you should definitely do that. Just make sure that the safe is properly installed and cannot be removed from the house with your valuables inside. The best advice here is to hire an expert to install it in a hidden place in your house.
BIBENE WIFI Home Security Alarm System DIY KIT with Easy App, 2-in-1 PIR Main Panel, Wireless Burglar Alert Security System for IOS Andrioid with PIR Motion Sensor,Door window Sensor
- Multi-Purpose: Most Cost-effective professional wireless security home alarm system Kit with Easy APP! The Built-In Magnetic Contact Sensor and PIR motion sensor detect any forceful break-in to activate the alarm to deter potential intruders(0-120dB),chime prompt,SOS emergency for Home/Business/Office/Child/Disabled Person Safety Protection.(Note: PIR detector is 8M,110 degree field of view coverange day and night, not Pet immunity type)
- Easy-Operation App: Our enthusiastic programmers develop the APP to be extremely easy-install,easy-operation based on varity of user experience & customer requirements. The App allows you to control the whole security system anywhere with your ios/andriod Smartphone or tablet,and receive warning notifications of exact area when alarm triggered for you to quick track and make better informed decisions.Moreover, the APP has many humanization Functions such as arming delay,clock,timing arming.etc.
- Best Kit Solution:WP6 home Alarm system kit includes 1x PIR Main Panel, 1x wireless PIR motion detector, 5x Door/windor sensor, 2x Remote control, 1x AC adaptor, 1x user manual, and all backup battery and install accessories.All sensors&remote control are connected with main panel already,each sensor is with label number for your quick distinguishing just to save your time.and easy to install with included mounting mount and adhesive tape.No install fee,no contracts no monthly monitoring fee.
- Cost-effective PIR Main Panel: 2-in-1 PIR main panel with PIR motion detect sensor that equals 1x main panel and 1x PIR detector sensor, allows to work as standalone alarming by easy operation such as One-button operation to arm/disarm/adjust volume/change ringtones. You can install the PIR main panel(or PIR motion detector) in the area where is without opening door/window
- Support Multi Work Conditions: 1) No network,standalone on-site alarming via main panel. 2) No network,standalone on-site alarming via remote control. 3) Wifi network, APP remotes the whole security system anywhere. 4）Coming Soon:Camera Product will Launch soon which is also compatible with WP6 alarm system.You can share a discount on Camera pls just contact us. Note: Search " app set up for wp6 alarm system" on youtube to know our product better.
DIGOO Wireless Home and Business Security Alarm System, With Auto Dial and APP Control Function, Come with PIR Detector, Doorbell Button, Door Window Sensor, and Remote Controller(Model:DG-HOSA)
- Defense Zone Support:Support gate, SOS, bedroom, window, balcony, perimeter, smoke, gas, caebon monxide, water leaking detected ect.Under wifi connected condition,also have Phone notification even no SIM card or GSM service.Effectively prevent any suspicious movement ,activity or potential intruders.,guard your home 7/24 hours as a home protector.
- Record and telephone function:Support 5 groups preset alarm phone number,Record 20 Seconds Alarm Voice,if alarm occurs, the alarm host will dial preset number and play the record vioce.SMS and dial on/off can be set respectively ,Support SMS and Voice Alarm/Disarm.
- Wireless remote control APP function:Support APP Remote Arm/disarm parameter setting and accessory managment,easily finish all the setting,message and call real-time push notifications,view all status from APP.Remote controller's user in emergency can send the SOS request to the phone to get the help.
- Nertwork Support:Support WIFI/GSM/GPRS/2G(can be used 3G or 4G network, But the network transmission of the system is 2G) Intranet Alarm System Support Different Alarm Channels(APP Push / SMS / Voice monitoring / intrannet center Alarm, to ensure the alarm performance stable and reliable)
- Colorful screen and Touch panel Design:Colorful 2.4 Inch TFT Large Digital Display Screen has a strong contrast ratio,easily watch,operate and eye-protected.Touch panel,a good sense of touch feeling,for the old version home system,without the pressed botton-broken problem,will offer longer life for you.
Fortress Security Store (TM) S02-A Wireless Home and Business Security Alarm System DIY Kit with Auto Dial, Motion Detectors, Panic Button and More for Complete Security
2 used from $ 85.23
- Home security system complete with fully programmable main unit and sensors
- Auto-dialer function will call up to 6 designated phone numbers in case of a security breach
- Door/Window contacts detect any forceful break-in
- Passive motion sensors detect any suspicious movement or activity
- Loud, 110dB alarm alerts neighbors and deters potential intruders
Next Big Thing - Why new DIY security tech could replace your home alarm system
http://cnet.com/next-big-thing CNET's Brian Cooley explains how new security tech is moving beyond detecting intrusion and fire to more wide-ranging home ...
How Thieves Can Hack and Disable Your Wireless Home Alarm?
Want to install wireless alarm? See this before you decide! Recently we have dealer and customer feedback. Some customer claim that their house has install ...