Modern life is incredibly complex. We are surrounded by technology that was perhaps designed to make our lives easier – but seems often to have the opposite effect. The exception to this rule seems to be our kitchens. Kitchen cooking gadgets range from the simple to the complex, but most of them are the result of some very clever design and thinking by people who know food, know food preparation and even more importantly know that folk want their kitchen experience to be fun and low maintenance.
In fact how do we define a ‘gadget’? Does it have to be high tech? Should it feature flashing lights or be connected to the Internet? The answer is probably no. It simply has to make life fun and easy.
So what should every aspirant chef – or for that matter ordinary homeowner keep an eye out for when it comes to kitchen cooking gadgets that make life that much more pleasant?
There’s some great stuff out there – here are just a few of the latest and greatest that transform the kitchen from a place of work into a place of fun.
How about a garbage can that senses when you’re near and opens automatically? It’s now a reality. This is a must for every single household. It cuts down on the spread of germs and just makes your kitchen into a better place to be. It’s marketed under the name ‘Sensor Can’. It’s simple piece of tech – but one that is absolutely fabulous.
If space is at a premium a new innovation should be on your shopping list. It’s a four in one grater. Looks like the classic grater that we all love and know – great (excuse the pun) for adding cheese to home made pizza or dealing with veggies for a slaw. But there’s a trick to it – it folds flat and can be stored in any handy drawer.
How about making preparing a power food that much simpler? Avocados are healthy and full of energy giving goodness – and some people believe that they’re a great natural aphrodisiac. So the latest way of making it that much easier to access that goodness is a must for every kitchen. The ‘Avocado Joy Slicer’ is the best way of getting to the stuff that makes guacamole into a classic dip that much easier. Pit and slice in a single easy step.
Now the word gadget (as mentioned earlier) is a tricky one. people tend to think of things with moving parts. But probably the best investment you’re going to make for the kitchen of 2017 isn’t a gadget that fits into this category. But it is the reinvention of a classic – the copper pan.
The latest version features a non stick surface that makes fat and oil free cooking a reality. Adding ceramic to the cooking surface means that you have old school functionality with 21st century tech. It’s simply fabulous.
Keep an eye out for gadgets that make your life easier and will also hit the right spot as far as making your kitchen a place of happiness – for you and those who enjoy your skills in that most important room in the house.
Hamilton Beach 25495 Breakfast Burrito Maker, Silver
$53.34 in stock
- Ready in 5 minutes
- Use fresh ingredients to cook breakfast at home:- Burritos- Omelets- Stuffed pancakes & crepes- Personal pizzas and more
- Timer with audible ready tone
- Quick and easy recipes included
- Meat used must be precooked
$17.24 in stock
1 used from $ 15.96
- ***FOR BEST RESULTS USE ON COLD (33-37F) SKINLESS HOT DOGS ONLY***
- *Hot Dogs or Sausages/Brats with a CASING/SKIN are NOT recommended as they can be too thick to slot*
- Steel Blades cut slots into the Hot Dog which expand as it cooks, allowing smoke and grill flavor to penetrate deeper
- Juices Caramelize and edges crisp up perfectly, while the slots grab hold of toppings
- CLEANING - Top Rack Dishwasher Safe
Chef'n Kale, Chard, Collard Greens and Herb Stripper
$4.99 in stock
- Strip kale, collards, chard and herb leaves from stems in seconds with this beautifully simple kitchen tool.
- This leaf-shaped device works well with woody herbs like oregano, rosemary, thyme, tarragon and is perfect for making kale chips and other healthy snacks.
- The hand held design is easy to use, just insert the stem and pull through the hole.
- Top rack dishwasher safe.
- Choose smart, easy-to-use kitchen utensils that are built on tasteful design, new technologies, and the trusted reputation of Chef'n.
10 BEST KITCHEN GADGETS on Amazon (Under $20)
Do you have an itchin' for the kitchen? Well, then get ready for a thorough scratchin' of innovative new cookery. Get ready to climb aboard for a showcasing of 10 ...
6 Fun Kitchen Gadgets
6 Amazing Cooking Gadgets/Tools you can probably do without, but life would be a little duller if these didn't exist. 1) Apple Peeler http://amzn.to/1WPpE6I 2) ...